Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Friends

Haha, another sleepless night for me,though of my choosing this time. (Herbal Tea > Coffee and Tea)

It's specifically in the late hours of our time that an old friend of mine from Europe whom I haven't talked to for months, maybe an entire year nudged me on MSN.

Turns out life's been great for him since I last talked to him, he's got a great GF and enjoying life.
As we began talking about stuff of how we got to know each other and all, something he said really struck a nerve in me.

"Back then in guild chat, you and my family were basically the only ones who bothered to talk and listen to me."

That touched my heart really, more so that he continued on saying how great a guy i was (Ok, for those who know me in real life, don't break his nice illusion of me please~).

Then as we talked and chatted, I started pouring out stuff I normally don't tell even some of my best friends, it was like what he said struck a nerve in me and I had some kinda connection.

For once in a long time, I didn't have to make myself smile, it came from the heart. =)

I realised how cold and distant I've probably been to the people around me, there are tons of people caring and looking out for me and I've probably been a royal pain in the neck trying to annoy them off me.

I really need to get my priorities straight.

That being said, I probably should finish studying for my Electronics test later.

Thanks Jeff for dropping by and saying hello, you'll probably never see this blog, but my thanks to you for lighting up my day come from my heart. Thanks for teaching an iceberg to love and embrace the sun.

Thanks mate!

No comments: